Excessive soil salinity forced farmers back to agriculture in coastal areas
By: Mofizur Rahman and Bablu Joarder from Satkhira Export oriented Shrimp cultivation has shifted livelihood and farming pattern as well as displaced a large number of peasants in coastal Satkhira district. The unplanned and chaotic encroachment of the rural agricultural landscape by the shrimp ...Continue Reading...
Provide Pension for Farmers
By Anita Barman from Chapainababganj Bangladesh is a nation based primarily on agriculture and its farmers. The GDP of the country is mainly driven by the exports of agricultural and jute products. Almost 80% of the country’s fertile lands are used extensively for farming. But even so, ...Continue Reading...
Newspaper news:Local heroes raise climate hopes
:: Abu Bakar Siddique, Rajib Bhowmick Farida Parvin (left) distributes seeds of salinity-tolerant paddy, which she developed, to fellow farmers in her village of Shyamnagar in Satkhira. Like her, a local farmer in Chapainawabganj has revived Magurshail (right), a nearly extinct local variety of ...Continue Reading...
- Mamun Mian transforms his house as nutrition bank (Shoto Bari)
- Nutrition Bank (Shoto Bari) fulfills rural people’s nutrition need
- A dignified farming ensures youth’s involvement
- Tarulata’s initiative affords nutrition for her family members
- Haor farmers got three varieties of crops suitable for the area
- Let’s be committed to protecting the Environment
- Working towards ensuring pluralistic society
- Conserving Agrobiodiversity for food security
- Agriculture, Farmers and Nutrition Bank
- Covid-19 and BARCIK’s initiatives