Excessive soil salinity forced farmers back to agriculture in coastal areas
By: Mofizur Rahman and Bablu Joarder from Satkhira Export oriented Shrimp cultivation has shifted livelihood and farming pattern as well as displaced a large number of peasants in coastal Satkhira district. The unplanned and chaotic encroachment of the rural agricultural landscape by the shrimp ...Continue Reading...
Climate change and the survival struggle of rural women in the coastal areas
Mofizur Rahman from Satkhira In Bangladesh, the coastal region is the most vulnerable to natural disasters. In recent time, Shyamnagar Upazila of Satkhira district is known as a consequence of climate change and natural disasters affected area in the world. The natural disaster like flood, ...Continue Reading...
- Haor farmers got three varieties of crops suitable for the area
- Let’s be committed to protecting the Environment
- Working towards ensuring pluralistic society
- Conserving Agrobiodiversity for food security
- Agriculture, Farmers and Nutrition Bank
- Covid-19 and BARCIK’s initiatives
- Make maximum utilization of each inch of soil
- Adolescent girls distributed handmade masks to the poor
- Let the farmers determine the price of agricultural products
- BARCIK initiative in post Ampan situation