The Corona impacts on the Khasi community
By Silvanus Lamin It has been more than one and half month since I return to my home village due to corona crisis. I discovered that the corona situation has mostly changed their way of living, practice of rituals, social interaction, religious practices and even economic life. The word corona ...Continue Reading...
“Chew Jaun” The Barind Farmer invented their own irrigation system
Amreto Sarker from Tanore, Barind Region Formation of land in Barind region is geographically different from other agricultural ecosystems of the country. Most of the land in this region is high and low form. This type of land in English is called “Terrence Land”. These types of ...Continue Reading...
Pitha, Nature and Mother Knowledge
Bahauddin Bahar from Dhaka Mother made the oil pitha (Cake). Many people have known the oil pitha as Pakan or Pakoyan pitha. Don’t know whether it has any special name? I used to be with my mother at the first stage of making this oil pitha, as I like this pitha very much. I like […]Continue Reading...
Food preserving techniques of rural women
Parboti Rani Singh from Netrokona Since ancient times when women invented agriculture based civilization they also produced, preserved and made food for us. They are still continuing that legacy by using their indigenous knowledge and their experience. By doing these things women created a ...Continue Reading...
Climate change and the Khasis in Bangladesh
:: Silvanus Lamin The Khasis in Bangladesh The Khasi is one of the ethnic communities in Bangladesh living in Bangladesh from the time immemorial. The existence, culture, tradition, customs, language of this community is almost in the last line of marginalization. There are several reasons ...Continue Reading...
- Mamun Mian transforms his house as nutrition bank (Shoto Bari)
- Nutrition Bank (Shoto Bari) fulfills rural people’s nutrition need
- A dignified farming ensures youth’s involvement
- Tarulata’s initiative affords nutrition for her family members
- Haor farmers got three varieties of crops suitable for the area
- Let’s be committed to protecting the Environment
- Working towards ensuring pluralistic society
- Conserving Agrobiodiversity for food security
- Agriculture, Farmers and Nutrition Bank
- Covid-19 and BARCIK’s initiatives