The Corona impacts on the Khasi community
By Silvanus Lamin It has been more than one and half month since I return to my home village due to corona crisis. I discovered that the corona situation has mostly changed their way of living, practice of rituals, social interaction, religious practices and even economic life. The word corona ...Continue Reading...
A success story of community movement
Ohidur Rahman from Nertakona Rivers are the backbone of human civilization. They provide us freshwater which is helpful for various purposes such as irrigation, transportation, drinking, cleaning, washing, etc. Without rivers, life will come to a halt. Therefore, rivers should keep on flowing ...Continue Reading...
Oysters are beneficial for water and environment
Amreto Kumar Sarkar from Rajshahi Kaligonj is one of the villages located at Shiv River bank. Marginalized community called Pal (potter) along with farmers have been living at this village for years. Due to water availability there exist large number of oysters which are grown naturally in this ...Continue Reading...
We want to build a green earth
Happy Roy from Netrokona “They cut down all trees, now how I make medicine?” It was a popular advertisement in our media telecasted in the recent past. A kabiraj (Traditional healer) did not find a certain tree in the forest; stand beside the jungle and said these words. This advertisement was ...Continue Reading...
BARCIK demands that fossil fuel industry is shown the door
BARCIK demands that fossil fuel industry is shown the door Dhaka, Bangladesh—Today, environmental groups rallied to demand Bangladesh delegates to the UN climate treaty take decisive action to address the corrosive influence of the fossil fuel industry on climate policy. The action is ...Continue Reading...
- BARCIK initiative in post Ampan situation
- ‘We want a corona free village’
- Corona, indigenous knowledge and science of nature
- Climate change and food security in Bangladesh
- The blessing of nature
- The Corona impacts on the Khasi community
- The youth community beside the helpless Dalit population in Corona
- A man leading community towards agro-ecology
- Community Seed Bank (CSB): an initiative to reduce disaster risks in char areas of Bangladesh
- … Of the people led development