Respect rural women, recognize their contribution
By Silvanus Lamin BARCIK observed international rural women day on 15 October with different types of activities in its working areas. The main message of this day in 2019 is ‘Rural women and girls building climate resilience’. It is true that the rural women and girls, through their low carbon ...Continue Reading...
The Khasis in Bangladesh and their struggle to maintain livelihood
Silvanus Lamin Introduction There are 45 ethnic communities’ namely indigenous people living in Bangladesh. Khasi is one of the indigenous communities in Bangladesh. The community has been living in Sylhet region (Sylhet, Moulvibazar Habigonj), particularly hilly and mountainous region of ...Continue Reading...
- Covid-19 and BARCIK’s initiatives
- Make maximum utilization of each inch of soil
- Adolescent girls distributed handmade masks to the poor
- Let the farmers determine the price of agricultural products
- BARCIK initiative in post Ampan situation
- ‘We want a corona free village’
- Corona, indigenous knowledge and science of nature
- Climate change and food security in Bangladesh
- The blessing of nature
- The Corona impacts on the Khasi community