BARCIK initiative in post Ampan situation
By Fazlul Haque from Satkhira The rampant damage in the Southern-western part of Bangladesh hit by super cyclone is still visible today. The protection dams (Beribadh) of Shymanagar, sub-district of Satkhira are the most devastated infrastructures during the cyclone. The dams have been ...Continue Reading...
A success story of community movement
Rivers are the backbone of human civilization. They provide us fresh water which is helpful for various purposes such as irrigation, transportation, drinking, cleaning, washing, etc. Without rivers, life will come to a halt. Therefore, we need to take initiative allowing the rivers flowing ...Continue Reading...
Oysters are beneficial for water and environment
Amreto Kumar Sarkar from Rajshahi Kaligonj is one of the villages located at Shiv River bank. Marginalized community called Pal (potter) along with farmers have been living at this village for years. Due to water availability there exist large number of oysters which are grown naturally in this ...Continue Reading...
- BARCIK initiative in post Ampan situation
- ‘We want a corona free village’
- Corona, indigenous knowledge and science of nature
- Climate change and food security in Bangladesh
- The blessing of nature
- The Corona impacts on the Khasi community
- The youth community beside the helpless Dalit population in Corona
- A man leading community towards agro-ecology
- Community Seed Bank (CSB): an initiative to reduce disaster risks in char areas of Bangladesh
- … Of the people led development