Mogra River festival : Revive the rivers of Bangladesh
::Sirajul Islam Abed, Divisional editor of Suridh Somabesh in Mymensingh:: (This feature was published in the daily Somokal (Suridh Somabesh page) national daily of Bangladesh on 13 October, 2014 and Silvanus Lamin translates it for our readers with little modification from the original text in ...Continue Reading...
School of honesty
Ershad Ali, From BARCIK, Dhaka One room of the school, big three plastic baskets are placed on the table and educational materials such as pens, pencil, slate, scales, copy, Neil cutter, eraser are serially set on the basket with their price written in a white paper placed nearby the table. ...Continue Reading...
Ensure proper management of water
:: Silvanus Lamin:: The crisis of fresh water has increased in consonance with the population growth and it is assumed that after 50 years, another 40 or 50% new population would be added with the present population. However, more lands, wetlands and other sources of fresh water would be used ...Continue Reading...
Dhaleshwari River will be revived: NRPC Chairman
“There is no alternative of keeping the Dhaleshwari River alive to save the Buriganga River and Dhaka city. The government is very convivial about protecting rivers and canals”, said National River Protection Commission (NRPC) Chairman Ataharul Islam. He said, “We will take required steps ...Continue Reading...
- BARCIK initiative in post Ampan situation
- ‘We want a corona free village’
- Corona, indigenous knowledge and science of nature
- Climate change and food security in Bangladesh
- The blessing of nature
- The Corona impacts on the Khasi community
- The youth community beside the helpless Dalit population in Corona
- A man leading community towards agro-ecology
- Community Seed Bank (CSB): an initiative to reduce disaster risks in char areas of Bangladesh
- … Of the people led development